25 March 2011

Faster than 200 monkeys per hour

"Sprouts - A Game of Maths!" was released very late Wednesday night; it is my third app to be released on the App Store.

Following my marketing monkey mantra, I hit Facebook, Twitter, forums, etc. and finish that night's work a little past midnight.

Thursday morning I login to check my app sales.  Sprouts opened at 16 - for historical comparison Bakers Game had opened at 20.  Bakers Game does it's average - only 3 sales, but it makes those sales consistently and every day.  Since Sprouts has opened exactly to Bakers Game's levels, I make my notes in my spreadsheet and go back to work.

Friday morning I'm working on one of my hopefully more lucrative apps.  It's going to be universal, so much of the day is spent trying to shoehorn my awesome iPad layouts into a 320x480 shoebox.  With some success, some annoyance, and some cursing.  But anyway, I don't check the sales until the night.

Thursday sales, for Sprouts, were 242.

242.

This calls for a check of the App Store!  And there I learn I've broken the Top 200 on Puzzle Games.

242 sales, 196th ranked.

This I had not expected.  It is amazing.  It's a measure that I'm on the right track, that I can trust my instincts, and that I should keep going with this experiment.  It also means I've got to get more apps out there!

So, many many thanks everyone who's downloaded any of my apps!  The future will not disappoint!

No comments:

Post a Comment