22 March 2011

Marketing Monkey

There sure are a lot of alliterations that can be done with the letter M.

It was high time to begin focusing on the marketing side of the independent coding experience.  My third app has gone into App Store "limbo" and is awaiting review.  I've asked for licensing information for my next hopeful.  And I've passed 600 downloads on "Bakers Game" - which is quite amazing since I've done no marketing yet!  So ... market, monkey, market!

LinkedIn ... Facebook ... and Blogging - oh my!

There are two projects currently sitting in my hopper: an update to Bakers Game and a new project for BattleTech.

Bakers Game really needs a refresh.  I still find myself playing it immensely on my iPod, which is good - if it becomes boring for me it certainly will be boring for everyone else.  Unfortunately, it looks like monkey poo on the iPad.  The user interface needs some cleanup, such as responding to touch & move events and perhaps animating the card moves (now that I've learned how to do it!).  An update should also include more winnable boards.  And I've also decided that the winnable boards should be solvable in realtime on the hardware - this way a button can be given to "hint" the user to the next move.  So I'm thinking a few thousand more winnable boards, and for $0.99 a few MORE thousand winnable boards & a brain.

There's a refresh to the BattleTech rules being published in a few days.  So I've certainly missed the initial boat on releasing an app here.  On the other hand, there's no reason to despair.  While monkeys don't float, they can wait for the next ferry.  I completed a nice proof-of-concept last night and sent away this morning to inquire about licensing.  Nothing to do now but wait.

Keep coding!

No comments:

Post a Comment